Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. “Visual Evolution” is our mission. We invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of vfx. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive projects out there.
We are currently seeking a freelance CG Lead (on the box) for our Los Angeles studio. Experience with live action/photo real a major plus!
- Work with Creative Director and Comp Lead to achieve creative goals and maintain quality standards
- Working with Comp Lead, responsible for hands on look development on any new environments and any new characters. Responsible for CG team hitting creative and technical notes during this process, and for setting up any specific pipeline
- Work to interpret and achieve client notes
- Primary liaison between any CG needs with other departments, ensures CG needs are communicated
- Work with Producer and department leads to ensure deadlines and milestones are staying within schedule and budget
- Able to troubleshoot and problem-solve complicated CG shots
- Comfortable with working on shots while directing a small team
- A broad Lead level skill-set with a focus on lighting and lookdev
- An aptitude for technical problem solving
- Solid experience leading a team on live-action VFX projects with tight-deadlines
- A willingness to mentor Jr artists when required
- Great team-player mentality
- Must have strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
Zoic is a Maya/Vray/Nuke studio.
*Must be able to work onsite at our Los Angeles location. Artists currently living in Los Angeles/surrounding area a plus as we do not cover relocation/housing.