Sparx is growing!
Sparx*, one of the leading external partners in the CG industry, is seeking an adventurous Character Model/Texture Supervisor who enjoys the challenges of travelling whilst also doing the work you love. We are looking for an accomplished artist with management experience to work with a group of young, dynamic, eager to learn artists, engaging with on the biggest client names in the film and game industry! If this sounds like a fun challenge to you, as well as a chance to level up your career, Join us on The Sparx Side in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam! Base yourself in this dynamic city, work on your dream IP’s during the week, then jump on a plane and literally go anywhere is South East Asia for the weekend.
We have a new character team, We need you to lead them!
· Manage Junior and Senior 3D / 2D CG character artists engaged in model creation for VFX in films
· Manage communication with clients about artistic and technical matters
· Establish Art production pipeline in coordination with clients requirements
· Ensure technical and artistic quality of deliverables
· Proven ability to articulate a VFX shots character needs, and lead the team to meet our objectives.
· Work with our creature teams to ensure the model adheres to the rigging and animation pipeline.
· Technical expertise to decide which technologies to pursue and which to avoid
· Participate in recruitment and training of new talent
Does this sound like you?
· Excellent 3D experience in one or more software, 3D Studio Max or Maya, Zbrush, Mari or Substance and Photoshop.
· Strong artistic aptitudes and a keen understanding of human and animal anatomy, experience and skills in 2D design, drawing, painting
· Experience creating and optimizing art pipelines
· Experience managing teams of “creative geniuses”
· Passionate about VFX in the film and television industry
· Highly organized outgoing individual with an eye for details and a passion for leading and mentoring
· Bachelor degree in Arts, Graphic design or related major with 10+ years’ experience
· At least 4 years’ experience as Lead Artist, Senior Artist or Art Team Leader with hands-on technical experience.
· Good working knowledge of English is a must
SPARX* – A VIRTUOS COMPANY
Sparx* is the leading studio in Vietnam providing premium digital art and animation to the biggest movie blockbusters, AAA games and animated television series.
Our clients are leading entertainment companies around the world such as Disney, Industrial Light and Magic, Lucasfilm Animation, Framestore and OATS,
Our mission is to create stunning visuals that ignite the imagination.
Our people are our most important asset, we are committed to growing their talent in a fun and creative environment.
Please take a look at our website to find out more about the type of work we do http://www.sparx.com/vi/