Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Game of Thrones, The Hundred, Future Man, and Man in the High Castle.
“Visual Evolution” is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
Our Los Angeles location is currently seeking a Cloth TD with strong skill set in creating dynamic cloth simulations and other realistic effects utilizing nCloth. Marvelous Designer is a bonus. This is a freelance gig through mid-April.
The Cloth TD will work in a team environment taking direction from the CG Leads to complete shots on a well known Marvel franchise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create photo-realistic simulations with high resolution geometry.
- Sets up nCloth & Marvelous Designer for cloth simulations.
- Work with our Character TD and animation team to develop the best solutions to individual shot delivery.
- Extensive experience in pipelines as a Cloth/Hair/Fur TD.
- Extensive knowledge in Maya nCloth for a variety of effects (cloth, hair and muscle simulation).
- Knowledge of Marvelous Designer a plus.
- Python scripting an asset.
- Knowledge of Shotgun a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Hair/Fur a plus.
Must be able to work on site in our Culver City studio.