Are you a Compositing Artist interested in working with us on our first Animated Feature?! The Compositing Artist is responsible for delivering final shots, as well as implementing new techniques to deliver the visual brief for the assigned shots/sequences.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work closely with the Lighting Supervisor, Compositing Supervisor to deliver final output which is in alignment with the director’s vision for the film
- Clearly understand the creative requirements of a sequence and as part of the compositing team deliver these creative goals in a timely manner and to the highest standard
- Aid in technical and creative solutions for shots during production
- Participate in collaborative brainstorming and problem solving to create and maintain production pipeline(s)
- Foster and support a positive, collaborative and productive culture
What you bring:
- 3+ years’ experience working with large digital feature film production pipelines
- 5+ years’ experience in Compositing
- Outstanding production knowledge of Nuke
- Professional experience and understanding of grading and basic colour science, ACES and OCIO
- In-depth knowledge of cinematography and thorough understanding of photography and composition
- Excellent ability to integrate 2d, 3d and live action elements with excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to follow an established look and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey complex technical and creative information
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve while working under pressure
- Ability to inspire, mentor, and motivate the team
- Experience with deep compositing is an advantage
- A good understanding of a range of supplementary software typically found in digital production such as Maya is desirable
What do you value?
- Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented
- Benefits – we’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few.
- Work/Life balance – we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
- Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/v3pkfi1o1
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall and The LEGO® Ninjago Movie. Animal Logic is currently in production on Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). See our new and improved website for more: https://www.animallogic.com/portfolio/projects/!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.