Animal Logic – the studio that brought you The LEGO Movie – is seeking an experienced Development Lead who will provide leadership to our Animation & Rigging software development teams through specification, design, implementation and delivery of software and tools.
The successful candidate will interact regularly with leadership in various production departments and will be directly involved in the development and maintenance of animation and rigging tools.
The Development Lead will be concerned with the overall planning and development processes, technical architecture and quality standards, in addition to hiring, career development, and coaching of team members. This is a fulltime, permanent role that reports to the Head of Software Management.
- Manage teams of software developers contributing to animation and rigging tools for our animation pipeline
- Liaise with vendors, technology providers, and partners that are directly connected to the systems and tools maintained by the development teams
- Prototype and design relevant software systems
- Contribute to design and oversee implementation of cross-project technical solutions
- Work with program managers and technical leads to develop roadmaps and technical plans for projects or on-going development
- Monitor status of development work and mitigate any deviations, where possible
- A post-secondary qualification in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Computer Science
- At least 2 years team leadership experience
- At least 8 years development experience including exposure to:
- Software development in C++ and Python
- Animation and rigging algorithms
- C++ optimisation techniques
- Exposure to OpenGL and GPU computing
- Previous technical leadership and mentorship experience across multiple teams
- Demonstrated experience working with internal or external clients
- Successful delivery of team projects to a schedule
- Previous experience gathering and documenting requirements
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- English written and oral communication skills and the ability to connect with a wide variety of personalities
- An understanding of the current state of modern software development practices and issues
Salary range CAD$140 – 160k and extended medical benefits. In addition, we include a comprehensive benefits package with paid vacation time, extended medical and dental, AD&D, LTD and Life insurance. Relocation assistance provided if required. If you are interested in applying for this role please fill out our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs
We are based in Sydney, LA and are now very excited to be establishing a presence in Vancouver within the creative precinct of Yaletown. Production on our first Vancouver-based animated feature has commenced with more animated features in the pipeline. Our business and work location for this role is 840 Cambie Street, Vancouver. Our contact number is 604 398 4800.
Animal Logic recently completed production on Peter Rabbit, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). In 2017, Animal Logic completed production on The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and Alien: Covenant. Other film credits include: The LEGO® Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.