Everything will be awesome when you’re part of the team! Are you a Final Layout Artist interested in working with us on our first Animated Feature?! The Final Layout Artist is responsible for camera polishing, stereo, final set dressing and picture compositing.
What you’ll get to do:
- Finalise the cinematic staging and camera positioning as directed by the Layout Supervisor or Director
- Work closely with the Layout Leads and Supervisor to polish camera animation and lensing style in alignment with the film director’s vision
- Clearly understand the creative requirements of a sequence and deliver these creative goals in a timely manner and to the highest standard
- Work closely with the Stereo department to implement stereo qualities into the narrative
- Provide technical setups of shots to downstream departments
- Help provide solutions to creative briefs through existing tools & processes
- Understand department pipeline including all assets and tools, and their purpose
- Become proficient with the departments propriety tools
What you bring:
- 3-5+ years’ experience working in Final Layout and/or Stereo team on feature animation, VFX projects or TV Series
- Previous experience working with large digital feature film production pipelines
- Previous experience in Stereo is a bonus
- Working knowledge and understanding of 3D software packages used in digital film production, in particular XSI and Maya
- Working knowledge of camera animation, scene set-up and set dressing
- Ability to produce high-level camera work with an in depth knowledge of camera polishing, framing, composition techniques and cinematography
- An understanding of editing and ensuring continuity over a sequence of shots and the film
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Maintain a flexible approach with the ability to achieve deadlines within a team environment while under pressure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to efficiently organize and prioritize work across multiple areas
- Recognized post-secondary qualification in animation, film or related field is preferable
What do you value?
- Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented
- Benefits – we’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few.
- Work/Life balance – we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
- Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/lhdm2k1
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall and The LEGO® Ninjago Movie. Animal Logic is currently in production on Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). See our new and improved website for more: https://www.animallogic.com/portfolio/projects/!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.