Are you an FX Artist interested in working with us on our first Animated Feature?!
What you’ll get to do:
- Develop an understanding for the department pipeline including all assets and tools, and their purpose
- Develop particle and fluid simulations with direction from Supervisor and/or Lead
- Develop techniques and rigs to achieve and optimize approved looks with direction from Supervisor and/or Lead
- Understand the processes of adjoining departments (e.g. Lighting and Compositing) and communicate with these departments as needed
- Become proficient with the departments propriety tools
- Contribute creative feedback in reviews
What you bring:
- 3+ years’ experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature
- 3+ years’ experience in working on FX and simulations using Houdini FX tools (Maya experience a Bonus)
- Production experience using Houdini: SOPs/DOPs/POPs essential
- Production experience using Houdini: Vex and Python knowledge desirable
- Understanding of traditional animation techniques, i.e. squash and stretch, anticipation, and key framing
- Ability to craft Non Photoreal FX, from a creative brief
- Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize assigned tasks
- Attention to design and artistic detail
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a team environment and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality and ability to meet deadlines with high quality output
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas
- Willing to learn, and contribute to the success of the team and project
- Ability to take direction and feedback and apply this to assets or shots moving forward; anticipating the supervisors and leads preference
Please include in your reel examples of:
- Complex and problem solving FX shot work
- Houdini simulations
- Any digital assets and setups you’ve contributed to, created or developed yourself
- Any macro FX or miniature FX work a bonus!
What do you value?
- Collaborative culture – We produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, and friendly. We are one big family!
- Benefits – We’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few.
- Work/Life balance – We understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life.
- Social animals – Join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/5c0a7c371
Animal Logic recently completed production on Peter Rabbit, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). See our new and improved website for more: https://www.animallogic.com/portfolio/projects/!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.