Are you an experienced FX TD who enjoys working on VFX or Animated features?
What you’ll get to do:
- Be part of a team who are responsible for FX development and support.
- Ensuring the optimisation of the workflow of the FX department
- Support FX artists
- Work in a Linux in production
- Interface with the R&D department
What you bring:
- 4 + years production experience in television commercials, film or animated features.
- Experience in python scripting and Houdini digital asset development.
- Experience configuring Houdini in production pipelines.
- Ability to prototype tools/processes for film or animated features.
- A strong interest in establishing and supporting FX production integration and pipelines; and liaising with the R&D department.
- Excellent attention to detail in coding and technical aspects.
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem solve, both individually and as part of your function as a team member.
- Ability to communicate and interact positively in a collaborative group environment.
- A technical education or mathematical background will also be considered favorably.
- Experience using C++ with Houdini’s Development Kit (HDK), GIT(hub), VEX and Qt a bonus.
- Any Houdini fx shot production and Maya knowledge is also desirable.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.
If you are interested in applying for this position then please complete our online application form via our website https://www.animallogic.com/careers/jobs/locations/sydney/
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With studios in Sydney and Vancouver and development offices in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
In 2017, Animal Logic completed production on Peter Rabbit, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include: The LEGO® Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.
For over 25 years, Animal Logic has remained committed to innovation, technical and creative excellence and most importantly, creating a collaborative and storytelling culture with a unique voice. We have BIG dreams!