ABOUT IMAGE ENGINE
Based in Vancouver BC, we are a world-class visual effects studio led by a team of creative and passionate individuals who are committed to furthering the art of visual storytelling, and helping our exceptionally talented crew to push the boundaries of artistic and technical achievement.
Well known for our Academy Award Nominated work on Neill Blomkamp’s District 9, we have gone on to create numerous incredible creatures, epic environments and extraordinary digital effects for a broad range of feature films including; Zero Dark Thirty, Jurassic World, Game of Thrones, and Independence Day Resurgence.
We can do this because we place awesome new tools in the hands of our artists. R&D is central to our philosophy of driving creativity through innovation, with a focus on continually evolving our robust production pipelines and pioneering in the area of proprietary software development.
I/O coordinator is responsible for any incoming and outgoing data to and from clients and external vendors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare, sort and file any Incoming and Outgoing data between client and external vendors or outsource.
- Communicate accurately and in a timely manner the transfer of the data to the appropriate departments
- Use time management skills to complete tasks effectively
- Organize cinesync materials for client reviews
- Communicate successes and challenges to the Production Manager in a timely fashion
- Work with editorial/pipeline for client deliveries and plate import
- Ensure all email correspondence is up to date, responding to emails in a timely manner
- Work with the Supervisors and PM to manage projects priorities
- Be flexible with work hours during a projects busy periods
- Be professional internally and externally at all times
- Other duties as and when required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 1+ years’ experience as a production assistant for feature film/TV
- Strong understanding of production workflow process
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Passion for the film industry
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic MS Excel skills
- Shotgun experience is an asset
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain a positive attitude when working under pressure
- Highly organized, able to transform detail-oriented work into action
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of motivating and leading a large team, with enthusiasm and clarity
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Excellent time management skills
- Absolute fascination and dedication to post-production work is essential
- Willing to learn new techniques and technology