Everything will be awesome when you’re part of the team! Are you a Lead Layout Artist interested in working with us on our first Animated Feature?!
What you’ll get to do:
- Motivate, lead, and provide direction to Layout Artists within your team
- Collaborate closely with the Animation Director, Supervisors, Leads, and Technical Directors
- Create high quality cinematography in line with the Director’s vision
- Learn the proprietary tools and systems at Animal Logic
- Promote innovative ideas and approaches between different work groups and individuals
- Communicate with adjoining departments to ensure we are all working toward the same goal
What you bring:
- 7+ years’ experience working in CG on feature animation, VFX projects or TV Series as part of layout and/or previs team
- Previous experience working with large digital feature film production pipelines
- Experience in high-level camera animation and scene set-up, and having an eye for picture composition and attention to detail
- Proven ability of editing and ensuring continuity over a sequence of shots and the film
- 3D software packages used in digital film production, in particular XSI, Maya and compositing software
- Layout/previs techniques such as traditional camera techniques, staging and framing rules
- Cinematography and understanding of translating storyboards to 3d and scene layout
- Passion in Layout, picture cinematography, cinematographic history, staging and directing
- Ability to direct and lead a team of layout artists, keeping them motivated and on track
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Maintain a flexible approach with the ability to efficiently organize, multi-task, and prioritize work to achieve deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Problem solving skills with the ability to balance quick turnaround while maintaining long term quality
What do you value?
- Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented
- Benefits – we’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few
- Work/Life balance – we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
- Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/xv1e8t1
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, and Peter Rabbit. Animal Logic is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). See our new and improved website for more https://www.animallogic.com/portfolio/projects/!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.