Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. “Visual Evolution” is our mission. We invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of vfx. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive projects out there.
Summary of Position
To create captivating and photorealistic 2.5 and 3d matte paintings of subject matter ranging from fantasy to urban. Ability to work on site as part of a team on high profile, fast-paced episodic work.
We are looking for matte painters experienced working in 2.5d and full 3d matte painting, who are experienced working efficiently under tight deadlines. As such, episodic or commercial matte painting experience is preferred.
Matte painters of all experience levels are welcome to apply.
General Duties & Qualifications:
- Responsible for the creation of the 2d, 2.5d, and 3d elements of an environment shot.
- Take shots from works in progress to final.
- Combine photographic, paint, and 3d assets to create and design environments using techniques such as camera animation, image projection, layering, and lighting.
- Provide and acquire photographic and other reference materials.
- Extensive experience (4 years) working as a matte painter within feature film industry required.
- Extensive use and knowledge of Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of Mari.
- Strong traditional portfolio of photography, painting, drawing, and sketching.
- Strong knowledge of 3d animation programs such as Maya, 3dsMax, or Cinema 4d.
- Strong knowledge of 2d compositing software such as Nuke or After Effects.
- Good Knowledge of lighting, rendering and the compositing process.
- Positive attitude, hard worker, flexible schedule for deliveries.
- Work quickly and efficiently within established pipeline.
- Must take direction well and adapt to changes.
- Communicate well with producers and supervisors.
- Ability to manipulate cameras and project in Nuke and Maya a major plus.
Please submit a resume as well as a reel and breakdown demonstrating your matte painting work. Submissions without a reel or work examples will not be considered.
Zoic is a Maya/Vray/Nuke studio.
*Must be able to work onsite at New York location. Current New York residents a plus as we do not cover relocation/housing.