Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships.
Some of our recent credits include: Future Man, Game of Thrones, Man in the High Castle,The 100, and Arrow.
“Visual Evolution” is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there.
Summary of Position
Zoic Los Angeles is currently seeking Mid-Senior level Vray Lighters with availabilty in March and April. The lighter will be responsible for developing looks as well as troubleshooting and executing shot lighting for current projects.
- Work inside a pipeline with existing conventions and scripts.
- Be adaptable to changes.
- Responsible for the photo-real look of the lighting and shading tasks and renders.
- Interface with team members for assignments, notes, and changes.
- Work closely with the compositors to ensure proper incorporation of elements and that the specific render pass requirements are met.
- Attention to daily individual artist assignments.
- Complete work within the time frame allotted.
- Texture painting and integration is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Extensive production experience using V-Ray for Maya.
- V-Ray problem solving, optimization, and analytical experience rendering quality vs. speed.
- Experience working in production on commercial or episodic projects
- Ability to work within a structured team environment.
- Problem solving skills, self starter, adapt to production changes, good working attitude.
- You will be working on a PC desktop.
We also have the best homemade guacamole served in Culver City.