Are you a mid or high mid Houdini FX Artist who enjoys look development and shot execution on high end features? Then you are going to enjoy working with us on our next VFX feature film!
What you’ll get to do:
- Develop complex particle and fluid simulations
- Develop hair and cloth simulations in strange environments
- Develop procedural modelling and animation setups
- Light and render FX passes via our in-house renderer for developed FX shots
- Develop techniques and rigs to achieve and optimize approved looks
What you bring:
- 4+ years production experience in high end television commercials or VFX films
- Experience using Houdini in a production environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work to deadlines
- The ability to quickly iterate on ideas and provide different solutions daily
- a mindset that can adapt to changing artisitic briefs and difficult shot demands
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
What you’ll need to include on your application:
A demo reel that showcases some of the following:
- Photorealistic water ( fluid runoff + ocean spectrum’s)
- Etherial FX (super powers + magical blasts)
- Soft bodies + jiggle for creatures
- Building detailed (possibly) fractal objects
- Long hair or tight cloth simulation
To apply, please complete our online application form via our website https://www.animallogic.com/careers/jobs/
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With studios in Sydney and Vancouver and development offices in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
In 2017, Animal Logic completed production on Peter Rabbit, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include: The LEGO® Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.
For over 25 years, Animal Logic has remained committed to innovation, technical and creative excellence and most importantly, creating a collaborative and storytelling culture with a unique voice. We have BIG dreams!