Everything will be awesome when you’re part of the team! Animal Logic – the studio that brought you The LEGO Movie – is looking for Mid/Senior Rough Layout Artists. The Rough Layout is responsible for translating sequences from storyboards to CG sequences and cameras for both previsualization and layout purposes. This role is a full time contract role that reports directly to Artist Management and Layout Supervisor.
- Establish the cinematic staging and camera positioning as directed by the Layout Leads/Layout Supervisor or Director
- Incorporate posed and rough animated elements to guide framing and story
- Work closely with the Layout Leads and Supervisor to implement a lensing style which is in alignment with, the film director’s vision for the film and its narrative
- Interpret storyboards and recreate them into a 3D world
- Clearly understand the creative requirements of a sequence and deliver these creative goals in a timely manner and to the highest standard
- Help provide solutions to creative briefs through existing tools & processes
- Adhere to deadlines and anticipate, communicate and troubleshoot technical issues with Production
- Become proficient with the departments propriety tools and understand the department pipeline including all assets and tools, and their purpose
- Provide technical setups of shots to downstream departments
- 3+ years’ experience working as Layout artist on feature animation/TV Series or as Previs artist on VFX
- Previous experience working with large animation/VFX production pipelines
- High level of working knowledge and understanding of 3D software packages used in digital film production; XSI knowledge a bonus
- High level knowledge and demonstrated experience in layout/previs techniques such as: staging and framing rules, realistic camera techniques and animation, scene set-up, principles of translating storyboards to 3d, and picture composition
- Proven ability of editing and ensuring continuity over a sequence of shots and the film
- A demonstrated passion in Layout, picture cinematography, cinematographic history, staging and directing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to efficiently organize and prioritize work across multiple areas
- Excellent visual communication skills including but not limited to drawing
- English written and oral communication skills and the ability to connect with a wide variety of personalities
- Recognized post-secondary qualification in animation, film or related field is preferable
Salary range CAD$88 – $130k and extended medical benefits. In addition, we include a comprehensive benefits package with paid vacation time, extended medical and dental, AD&D, LTD and Life insurance. Relocation assistance provided if required. If you are interested in applying for this role please fill out our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are based in Sydney, LA and are now very excited to be establishing a presence in Vancouver within the creative precinct of Yaletown. Production on our first Vancouver-based animated feature commenced in January 2016 with more animated features in the pipeline. Our business and work location for this role is 840 Cambie Street, Vancouver.
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall and The LEGO® Ninjago Movie. Animal Logic is currently in production on Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include The LEGO® Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix. Yes, that’s all us!