Are you in Python code every day and supporting Artists with tool issues on a daily basis? Then our Pipeline TD role is for you!
What you’ll get to do:
- Responsible for varying levels of pipeline troubleshooting, user support, applicable department specific system development, technical direction and production tools and front-end development.
- Interact with R&D and provide clear and concise tool briefs, bug reports and feature requests.
- Produce concise reports of issues and work arounds or issue tracking paths to feedback to the relevant department leads/supervisors.
- When necessary contribute to the code base of the toolset with minor fixes or features.
- Contribute and maintain documentation of the technical platform.
What you bring:
- Experience with a large VFX or animated feature pipeline.
- Experience in 1 or 2 different departments.
- Experience working with an R&D department.
- Good generalist skills with a solid understanding of all departments.
- A focus on quality control and active artist support.
- Experience in programming in Python.
- Experience using or developing in 3D software e.g. Houdini, Maya, Mari etc.
- Degree in either Computer Science, Engineering, Maths or Physics.
- Is proactive and motivated to problem solve and help the team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
- Ability to work within a strong team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
What you need to include on your application:
- Examples of python scripts you have written
As this is a short term contract we encourage people who are Australian citizens/permanent residents or who are eligible for a working holiday visa.
If you are interested in applying for this position then please complete our online application form via our website https://www.animallogic.com/careers/jobs/locations/sydney/
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With studios in Sydney and Vancouver and development offices in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
In 2017, Animal Logic completed production on Peter Rabbit, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include: The LEGO® Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.
For over 25 years, Animal Logic has remained committed to innovation, technical and creative excellence and most importantly, creating a collaborative and storytelling culture with a unique voice. We have BIG dreams!