Animal Logic is currently looking for a motivated and creative Previs Artist to work on our first Animated Feature in Vancouver!
What you’ll get to do:
- Establish the cinematic staging and camera positioning as directed by the Layout Leads/Layout Supervisor or Director
- Incorporate posed and rough animated elements to guide framing and story
- Work closely with the Layout Leads and Supervisor to implement a lensing style which is in alignment with, the film director’s vision for the film and its narrative
- Work closely with Production Designer, Art Director, and assets Supervisors to include work in progress environments and character designs into a visualized story development.
- Clearly understand the creative requirements of a sequence and deliver these creative goals in a timely manner and to the highest standard
- Provide technical setups of shots to downstream departments
What you bring:
- 5+ years working on feature animation or VFX projects
- Professional experience and understanding of 3D software packages used in digital film production, in particular Maya, XSI and Nuke
- Strong experience in layout and/or previsualization
- Experience working in creative story development
- Experience working in character animation
- Knowledge of Cinematography and understanding of story and scene layout
- Knowledge of traditional camera techniques and the principles of translating storyboards to 3d
- Knowledge of real world cameras, rigs and shooting environments for feature films
- Experience setting a shot turn over pace that achieves a balance between meeting deadlines and exceeding quality expectations
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to efficiently organise, prioritise and problem solve work across multiple areas
What do you value?
- Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented
- Benefits – we’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few
- Work/Life balance – we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
- Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/ub5nv2as1
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall and The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, and Peter Rabbit. Animal Logic is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). See our new and improved website for more: https://www.animallogic.com/portfolio/projects/!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.