Are you a Render Wrangler interested in working with us?! The Render Wrangler ensures render jobs within production are delivered in a timely and efficient manner. Working closely with other Technical Resources divisions and end users, this position will ensure the render-queuing system (farm) is constantly monitored to help achieve efficient and trouble free rendering; and for safeguarding and manipulating (data) assets, and providing a range of data management services to Production.
Please note that this position includes variable shift work.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work with artists and Render Lead to diagnose production rendering problems
- Monitor production render queues and respond to identified errors/faults
- Manage production render resource allocations
- Work with production to identify render farm priorities (shows, department, shots) and do job retries
- Ensure production requests are submitted correctly, and handled through the proper tracking systems
- Analyse, report, and escalate system failures to System Administration where required
- Work with the Render Lead and artists on the delivery of final rendered computer graphics elements for animation of film
- Where appropriate, provide ideas to the Render Lead to assist in developing and refining efficiency of render wrangling on animated feature films
- Work with Render Lead, production and tech staff to determine render projections
- Continually display strong commitment to client service
- Report on disk-space usage, and allocating quotas, for individual productions
- Routine securing of assets to tape, project archival, and corresponding restores
- Turnovers and deliveries of external media
- Production-testing of in-house asset management system(s)
What you bring:
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python preferred)
- Experience using Linux, Windows and Mac platforms
- Experience with animation/VFX artist tool applications such as Maya, Python, Nuke
- Familiarity with most basic system artist tools and processes
- Familiarity with networked/distributed computing concepts
- Good trouble shooting and reporting skills
- Strong team player with great client service and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize request with competing deadlines
- Interest in computer animation and visual effects is an asset
- University degree in animation/VFX is preferred
The following experience will be highly regarded:
- Previous experience in a technical support position
- Previous experience in a TVC or film digital production environment
- Technical qualifications at secondary or tertiary level
- Computer graphics and/or rendering experience
What do you value?
- Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented
- Benefits – we’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few
- Work/Life balance – we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
- Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/5yqjfcws1
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall and The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, and Peter Rabbit. Animal Logic is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). See our new and improved website for more: https://www.animallogic.com/portfolio/projects/!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.