Everything will be awesome when you’re part of the team! Animal Logic – the studio that brought you The LEGO Movie – is looking for a Rigging TD. This position involves working closely with a variety of departments including; R&D, Art, Modelling, Layout and Animation, to develop, implement and maintain character and prop assets for use in both Layout and Animation. This is a fulltime, contract role that reports to the Rigging Supervisor and Artist Management.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and maintain procedural rig components using a custom Rigging API
- Follow a brief and produce complex production ready rigs of a high standard
- Work with the Modelling Department to ensure that models are suitable for rigging and performance requirements
- Work with Animators to develop and prototype rigs for a broad range of creative and technical requirements
- Support rigs as they move through the animation pipeline and develop supplementary Animation tools and processes
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar position working on feature films and/or animated features
- Experience with hard surface and mechanical type rigging
- Strong knowledge of rigging in either XSI or Maya
- Knowledge of the Python scripting language
- Software development experience using Python, C++ and OpenGL
- Strong mathematical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Proven strong technical and visual skills
- Proven strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members
- Interest in pipeline, process, tools and techniques with a high level understanding of industry standards, conventions, formats and common practice
- English verbal and written skills are required to fulfil the requirements of the job
Salary range CAD$88– 120k and extended medical benefits. In addition, we include a comprehensive benefits package with paid vacation time, extended medical and dental, AD&D, LTD and Life insurance. Relocation assistance provided if required. If you are interested in applying for this role please fill out our online application form via our website. http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs or contact us at email@example.com
We are based in Sydney, LA and are now very excited to be establishing a presence in Vancouver within the creative precinct of Yaletown. Production on our first Vancouver-based animated feature commenced in January 2016 with more animated features in the pipeline. Our business and work location for this role is 840 Cambie Street, Vancouver.
Animal Logic recently completed production on Peter Rabbit, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). In 2017, Animal Logic completed production on The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and Alien: Covenant. Other film credits include: The LEGO® Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.