Zoic Studios is an award winning visual effects company who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include Game of Thrones, The Defenders, and Iron Fist.
“Visual Evolution” is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there.
We are looking for a senior 3D animator to join the team in our Los Angeles office.
- Realistic creature and character animation.
- Ensuring animation meets production deadlines.
- Ensuring animation meets quality standards.
- Give realistic and accurate estimates of how long work will take (do not overcomplicate the process).
- Knowing and following all pipeline and studio policies and procedures.
- Work within assigned hours and deadlines.
- Keep up to date with internal tools, software and techniques.
- Share knowledge and techniques with other team members.
- Assist in overall team communication and contribute to positive work environment.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience animating in MAYA.
- Extensive experience animating creatures, characters, quadrupeds and hard body.
- Extensive experience with character performance & facial animation.
- Expert knowledge of physics and anatomy as it pertains to animation.
- Past experience within a VFX Pipeline (live action).
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Positive attitude.
- Open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Experience working in a high pace environment.
- Experience mentoring junior artists.
- Must showcase up-to-date reel demonstrating 3D animation ability as outlined.
Bonus Skills (please go into detail in cover letter):
- Senior level knowledge of rigging.
- Senior level knowledge of layout.
- Ability to work overtime/weekends when project calls for it.
- Passion and enthusiasm for animation.
Los Angeles based applicants encouraged. Zoic does not cover relocation.