Are you an experienced technical rigger who is interested in working on a variety of projects that include creatures, digi-doubles, characters and mechanical rigs? We have a 6 month contract available.
What you’ll get to do:
- Working closely with a variety of departments including; R&D, Art, Modelling, Layout and Animation, to develop, implement and maintain character and prop assets for use in both Layout and Animation.
- Develop and maintain procedural rig components using a custom Rigging API.
- Produce complex production ready rigs of a high standard.
- Work to specs as precisely or as creatively as a brief outlines.
- Work with Animators to develop and prototype rigs for a broad range of creative and technical requirements.
- Support rigs as they move through the animation pipeline and develop supplementary animation tools and processes.
- Learn and share with your peers in a very development and learning orientated professional environment.
What you bring:
- 10 year’s experience working on feature film quality productions.
- Experience in a variety of styles.
- Proficiency in Python and ability to navigate a large managed code base, or willingness to learn in a fast paced technical environment.
- Proficiency with a recent version of Maya and a strongly node-oriented approach to problems
- A good artistic eye and the necessary software dexterity to produce or correct shapes and models when it might tighten the feedback loop with another department.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Foundational knowledge of trigonometry and linear algebra.
- A background in animation.
- Working in a cross site studio environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Proven strong technical and visual skills.
- Proven strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
What you’ll need to include on your application:
- Examples of your python scripts
- Variety of styles of rigs
Due to the length of the contract we encourage you to apply if you an Australian Citizen/PR or eligible for a working holiday visa.
If you are interested in applying for this position then please complete our online application form via our website https://www.animallogic.com/careers/jobs/locations/sydney/
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With studios in Sydney and Vancouver and development offices in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
In 2017, Animal Logic completed production on Peter Rabbit, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include: The LEGO® Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.
For over 25 years, Animal Logic has remained committed to innovation, technical and creative excellence and most importantly, creating a collaborative and storytelling culture with a unique voice. We have BIG dreams!