Animal Logic is recognised as one of the world’s leading independent creative digital studios, producing award winning design, visual effects and animation for over 25 years. We are currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019)!
Are you a Support Engineer interested in joining us in our Vancouver studio?! This position is responsible for supporting the editorial and digital intermediate staff and systems. The Support Engineer installs and configures systems related to editorial and DI, diagnoses hardware and software faults and solves technical and application problems. They act as the point of escalation when issues arise and direct them where most appropriate. They liaise between Vancouver and the Global Editorial & DI engineer for edit or DI related issues.
What you’ll get to do:
- Oversee and own all editorial/DI issues for Vancouver to ensure highly coordinated level of support on the ground
- Be the point of escalation for Editorial and DI departments, ensuring issues are directed to the most appropriate support teams
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the technology standards and best practices, industry trends and emerging technologies and alternative vendors
- Work with 1st Level Engineering to monitor Hardware and Software trends/developments and test where appropriate
- Monitor and maintain the Avid ISIS storage system in conjunction with the System Engineers
- Escalate issues and report bugs or feature requests to vendors as required
- Act as an escalation point for Production for Editorial and DI related concerns
- Help coordinate tasks/jobs
- Generate and maintain both internal and end user documentation, as required
- Filter all purchase requests for editorial & DI related purchases
- Obtain quotes for inventory as required and conduct all activities with financial awareness and where relevant make recommendations for improvements to the group
- Manage vendors as required
What you bring:
- 3+ years’ experience working in an Editorial/DI centric support role
- Experience working with an IT support department is a plus
- Experience in the Entertainment or Media industry is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Engineering or similar) or equivalent professional experience
- Proficient in Avid Media Composer and a working knowledge of DI solutions
- Previous experience in technology related to media or post-production, file formats, compression technologies and transport systems
- Basic colour theory knowledge and practical application Technical Skills
- Experience using any flavour Linux, Windows and Mac OS X is a bonus
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to work within a strong team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
What do you value?
- Collaborative culture – We produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, and friendly. We are one big family!
- Benefits – We’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few.
- Work/Life balance – We understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life.
- Social animals – Join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/4250975a1
Animal Logic recently completed production on Peter Rabbit, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). See our new and improved website for more: https://www.animallogic.com/portfolio/projects/!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.