Animal Logic is recognised as one of the world’s leading independent creative digital studios, producing award winning design, visual effects and animation for over 25 years. We are currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019)!
Animal Logic is looking for a Support Engineer to join us in our Vancouver studio! This position is responsible for supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems and networks and for providing efficient desktop/laptop support to all business users. The Support Engineer installs and configures computer systems, diagnoses hardware and software faults and solves technical and application problems.
What you’ll get to do:
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks; ensure security upgrades are applied and kept up to date
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications, antivirus and authorised software
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and solve hardware or software faults, technical, system and network issues
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution in an efficient and timely manner
- Follow standard practices and procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Support the overall technical goals in partnership with software, R&D and production groups
- Communicate with the team and other departments for any IT support related issues
- Regularly communicate with Production on new workflows and tools
- Filter all purchase requests and approve or escalate requests
- Obtain quotes for inventory as required and conduct all activities with financial awareness and where relevant make recommendations for improvements to the group
- Generate and maintain accurate technical documentation for the systems, processes and procedures as required
- Perform basic administrative support duties as required to meet operational objectives
- Manage vendors as required
What you bring:
- 2+ years’ experience working in a Support Engineer role or similar
- Experience working within an Entertainment/Media industry is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field or an equivalent level of competence obtained through experience, education and/or training
- Experience using any flavour of Linux, Windows and Mac OS X systems; Active directory; Microsoft Office 2013/2016 and Thunderbird is desirable
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to work within a strong team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
What do you value?
- Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented
- Benefits – we’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few
- Work/Life balance – we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
- Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/24hh55cu1
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall and The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, and Peter Rabbit. Animal Logic is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). See our new and improved website for more: https://www.animallogic.com/portfolio/projects/!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.