Are you a talented Surfacing Artist interested in working with us on our first Animated Feature in Vancouver?!
Surfacing Artists at Animal Logic are responsible for giving models the visual surface qualities that make them appear believable. Surfacing can encompass texture painting, procedural texturing, shading networks, sculpting, grooming and UV layout.
What you’ll get to do:
- Create photo-realistic textures, either hand painted or procedural to a level of detail necessary for production assets
- Create photo-realistic (physically plausible) shading
- Create procedural grooms as required for the project
- Take direction from Surfacing Lead, and present solutions or questions
- Participate in reviews as required; be willing to show WIP
- Pro-actively escalate technical issues to more senior artists or lead
- Assist with project clean up and archiving on an ongoing basis
What you bring:
- 3+ years’ experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature
- 3+ years’ experience working on high quality texturing, shading and surfacing (preferably on photo realistic material)
- Proven ability in surfacing and shading
- Production experience in Maya and experience in a modern raytracing package
- Knowledge of node-based procedural shading
- Production experience in Mari
- Excellent attention to detail
- A passion for making beautiful looking photo-realistic hard surface cg objects by combining strong visual and technical skills
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality
- Strong communication skills and the ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to take direction and feedback and apply this to assets or shots moving forward
- An understanding of lighting and colour theory in feature film production
- Knowledge and/or experience with grooming, hair/fur or instancing tools
- Sculpting experience with Mudbox
- Experience scripting in Python
- Experience with Nuke
- Advanced degree or significant training in at least one or more of the following disciplines: computer graphics, computer science, digital media, filmmaking, photography, graphic design / illustration, foundation arts (drawing, painting, sculpture)
What do you value?
- Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented
- Benefits – we’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few
- Work/Life balance – we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
- Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/j5vl083e1
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall and The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, and Peter Rabbit. Animal Logic is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). See our new and improved website for more: https://www.animallogic.com/portfolio/projects/!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.