Are you a Technical Layout Artist interested in joining the team for our first Animated Feature in Vancouver?!
Typical day for a Technical Layout Artist:
- The Technical Layout Artist at Animal is often called the “asset gatekeeper”, essentially any shot that is to be worked on must go through Assembly where each shot is assigned the required assets (chars, props, set, camera).
- In addition to maintaining the asset breakdown, tracking assets and providing continuity across shots/scenes, we provide support to Layout and Animation, including troubleshooting shot setups and QC.
Skills you’d bring to the role:
- The Assembly dept at Animal is a rather specialized group as it works with proprietary and studio specific tools and workflow. Having familiarity working in a studio setting, specifically on animated films, would help in terms of understanding the importance of conforming to pipeline needs.
- This role is also very detail oriented. We essentially need to be human asset libraries. Knowing which asset is needed where and what version, etc. It is partially technical and partially artistic. Being able to keep track of all these assets, and debugging issues, while also being able to creatively assess continuity issues.
- We are looking for candidates who are masters of managing multiple tasks at once, while under deadlines; having the ability to absorb an infinite amount of detailed information – library of assets; and being able to decipher artist requests, having critical thinking skills to solve problems or foresee potential issues and provide solutions.
What do you value?
- Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented
- Benefits – we’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few
- Work/Life balance – we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
- Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/qwcdf21
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall and The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, and Peter Rabbit. Animal Logic is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). See our new and improved website for more: https://www.animallogic.com/portfolio/projects/!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.