We have a very exciting and rare opportunity for a talented individual to join our experienced team.
Funko Animation Studios are an awarding winning animation production company based in the heart of Bath; we produce work of the very highest calibre. In recent years Funko has become established as a global pop culture phenomenon; working with Lucas Films, Marvel, Disney, DC Comics, Warner Bros, and Microsoft. The animated content produced at Funko Animation Studios in Bath heralds a new era of original Funko animation.
You can find most recent examples of our work here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjUjv4tyVtOOXKPHo4ymh79udfHSUE8Hz
We are looking for a Technical Director to work in our busy team. Previous experience in animation is essential; The ideal candidate would come into this role with a thorough understanding of basic animation pipelines and workflow.
The role is offered on a permanent, in-house, full-time contract basis with an immediate start. The Technical Director will report to our in-house Company Executives.
We produce content across a range of animation styles with a well-established CG unit and emerging 2D team. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, organised, able to use their initiative and generally make themselves indispensable in this fast-paced and rewarding environment.
The ideal candidate’s skillset will include:
- 3 years of tool programming experience.
- 3 years of experience with Animation Pipeline
- Experience with Shotgun (web & toolkit)
- Experience with Maya, MEL and Python
You will also be able to:
- Provide support and development of tools and procedures to extend and enhance pipeline.
- Propose, design, implement, test, and support extensions to existing pipelines.
- Assist animators and artists with troubleshooting of shots. Issues may include finding solutions for fur, clothing, particle effects, animation, and rendering.
- Support and work with multiple departments, including Modelling, Animation, Lighting, FX, and Research and Development.
- Ensure software development follows studio policies and guidelines.
The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude and be an adept problem solver with the ability to:
- Be able to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadlines.
- Must possess good problem‐solving skills in a fast-paced working environment.
- Have an excellent eye for detail, with great attention to quality and finish.
- Have good time management skills, with efficient development processes and techniques, with the ability to apply said techniques to effectively fulfil schedules and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively to technical and non‐technical individuals.
START DATE – ASAP
SALARY – DOE
CONTRACT – Permanent